About Me

My photo
Hello everybody! Welcome to my blog! I hope you like it!

Sunday, August 17, 2014

A little talk about love - thanks to "Where rainbows end" (or "Love, Rosie") by Cecelia Ahern

Okay, so it's 3:40 in the morning and I have to go to work tomorrow but I feel really crazed right now and I need to post my thoughts about this book I have just finished reading...I haven't picked up a chick lit in quite some time so I thought it would be boring, but once I've started reading it, it kept me going till the end...Of course, like all the books I've read so far, I've skipped the uninteresting parts and read only the main characters' love story - which, as a distinctive fact, came described in e-mails and letters. So I kept hoping and hoping that the characters will eventually end up with together...and when they didn't and kept making wrong choices, I felt such a surge of rage I HAD to write a review on this book here.

On the bright side, whoever has read this book, would definitely give a more serious thought to life and love - why let "the one" slip away, when you could confess and experience a lifetime of happiness together?

Although best friends since childhood, Rosie and Alex are acting like complete idiots when it comes to each other - they keep postponing and postponing the decision to actually be happy together, they keep marrying the wrong persons, they keep missing each other's love declarations until they're FIFTY! Imagine that horror! Imagine how it is like to watch the one you are in love with, knowingly or unknowingly, marrying another woman/man, having children, being unhappy in their marriage and still you PRACTICALLY rejecting the moments to getting together with the one you really feel comfortable and happy about!

I have always thought that the love resulted from a long and durable friendship is more beautiful than a love at first sight - my secret dream was to get married to my best male friend, if such man existed - but man, this story really pushed my buttons and made me angry a little more than usual with the main characters - if they FELT they were right for each other RIGHT FROM THE START, why WASTE AN ENTIRE LIFETIME WITH THE WRONG PEOPLE, AND TAKE 50 YEARS TO REALIZE IT - when they could have used that time to be together and experience a happiness they would have never even dreamt of?

Cecelia Ahern is a little bit of a sadist here, in my opinion - although my favorite author so far, she really knows how to push the reader's buttons in Where Rainbows End - you should definitely give it a read - you'll know what I am talking about!

MORALE OF THE BOOK:
1. Make use of every opportunity to tell your special someone how special he or she is - do not give up (even if it seems impossible for you to be together) until you've reached the conclusion that nothing more can be done for you two!
2. When picking a life partner, choose with your heart, not your head;
3. Do not drink excessively in any circumstance - you may be heavily regret for doing/not doing/ not remembering what you did afterwards!
4. If life gives you hints you may have found a special someone, don't be chicken about it and make up all sort of excuses for you not to be together - it may be too late for you two when you wake up!

No comments:

Post a Comment