About Me

My photo
Hello everybody! Welcome to my blog! I hope you like it!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Let's talk about TV shows


A necessary ingredient for a getaway paradise is provided by the amazing world of cinematography, which is the perfect escape from a cold-hearted reality and everyday problems. And although movies are perfect if you want to enter another dimension for about 2 hours of your life, in more severe cases of severe depression when you want to prolong the feeling of a different reality, TV shows are more appropriate. 
My favorites? Just a few: The Vampire Diaries, Merlin, Smallville, Charmed...and so on :P 

Let's begin our TV shows tour with The Vampire Diaries. Sexy and beautiful actors, an attractive and fashionable theme - coexistence between humans and vampires, interesting storyline. To be honest, at first I wasn't that interested in this show, although I admit, the actors were pretty handsome to look at. The moment my sister sent me a youtube link with an unforgettable dance between Elena, the main human character and  Damon, the handsome brother of Elena's boyfriend, in the first season, I became hooked and began shipping the unlikely couple, which kept me watching for 4 seasons. Will my wish come true in the end or not? Let's see the scene which got me hooked up:
 

Let's see their love story, as it beautifully unfolds:

 


All my love and appreciation for the creator of the next video! I've found it on youtube and I fell in love with it instantly, as it displays the impossible love between Damon and Elena from The Vampire Diaries and my favorite Disney animation movie Anastasia. Just by watching this, you could feel the love flowing in the air...and how could you resist the temptation to watch this show after having watched so many videos of it here?


And if we're talking about TV shows, let's not forget about Merlin, the British TV series which featured Colin Morgan as the young wizard who needs to protect a spoiled prince Arthur, interpreted by Bradley James. The fantastic brotherhood between the leads and the numerous adventures of the young wizard and the young prince, intertwined with funny moments all the time, make this show a winner and a pleasant cinematographic experience, highly recommended.  


 



The third one on the list of favorites is Smallville. Tom Welling is in my opinion, perfectly suited for this role and I would have loved to see him in the main role from Man of Steel. Just can't get enough of him! Smallville is fun and entertaining. As I am a sucker for romance, I became particularly interested in the romance between Clark and Lois Lane (Erica Durance), who appeared later on the show, at the beginning of season 4. If you want more heart throbbing experiences with those two, watch directly seasons 8-10. Warning: this is a really long show, you're in for a long ride if you decide to watch it. But it's definitely worth it. Here is a preview of what that unforgettable romance might look like:



If you have already watched it, or don't have time for all the seasons, I recommend the next video (beware, it contains heavy spoilers!):


And finally, to conclude my small tour into the world of favorite TV shows, I've chosen another runner up on the list of long shows, Charmed. Eight seasons of a classic, beautiful show which displayed a powerful message: sisterhood is a powerful bond, giving you power over evil, and you need to cherish it. (Need to remember it when I'm fighting with my sister!) I wonder who will become your favorite witch sister? I began admiring Prue, than Phoebe and in the end, the calm and composed Piper.

These are only some TV shows I have watched, among others like Chuck, Ugly Betty of New York and a whole bunch of Korean dramas, which I will talk about in a future post. TV shows are a great pastime and an excellent way to cheer you up when you're down, so I recommend them, in moderation though. Remember what Joanne K. Rowling once said "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live". We must try and make the best out of our lives everyday, no matter what and  use watching movies as a reward to ourselves for working hard. 
Do you, reader, have other shows to recommend? What are your favorite TV shows? 

No comments:

Post a Comment