About Me

My photo
Hello everybody! Welcome to my blog! I hope you like it!

Monday, September 9, 2013

About life

 Don't you just love life? Even though most of the time it's far from the ideal one you've always wanted, it still offered you the opportunity to be born into this world and experience its magic. Although it's hard and sometimes you just want to end it or run away from everything, in the end you still press on, with the hope of a better tomorrow brought to you but this amazing thing called life. 

And you enjoy it, with every breath. You get to see new places, learn new things, know new people. You get to experience things like love, friendship, happiness. Sometimes envy, hate, sadness. There are times when you feel lost and when it seems like life has lost its meaning and there is nothing left for you to enjoy anymore. There are other times when it feels like your heart is going to explode from happiness. You've earned something you had wanted for a long time after you worked hard and long for it. Or you've found someone who understands you perfectly and with whom you feel you could spend a lifetime together. 

A few years ago, as I was going to my grandparents', I saw an old couple fishing together in the middle of a small town river, side by side. They were coordinating their movements so well, they seemed like a single person, like a Mythical Primordial Androgynous, a Human creature where both Man and Woman were attached to one body, then split by Gods and condemned to look for one another to the ends of the Earth, in order to be reunited and be happy again. I was so impressed with this picture of that old couple, I found myself wishing for a similar experience. And although love came eventually knocking at my door, I couldn't let go of that ideal love and ended up letting go of any potential love interests, just because they weren't fitting the profile of that ideal love. Hopeless romantic, to the core.

 That image warms my heart even now, as I think about it. My point is, even though life often throws punches at you, most of the time it heals your heart by offering you special moments, special images or unique experiences, small but meaningful, which can change you forever. You just need to pay more attention to everyone and everything around you, and who knows, you might find out beauty in things, places or people you didn't even think of before.      

No comments:

Post a Comment